Thursday, July 4, 2013

Graduation to Dressmaking and 4th of July Part 1

 Yes! I finally made it through the stress and sweat of high school. My graduation day is my time to shine out of the darkness and open my new chapter of my life. I literally scream when finally got my diploma and  absolutely happy to be out of that hell hole lol. I feel just relieve after that :) So these past weeks I was just relaxing, crocheting, knitting, sewing and baking etc. Couple months ago I made a crocheted bodice out Peaches & Creme's blue and white yarn...


I wanted to make a nice summer dress for wonderful day, but I stop because I had so many ideas and didn't know what type of yarn will fit best with especially when you don't have enough of that particular yarn. So I decided to use white cotton crochet thread by tripling it to make almost the same thickness of the worsted weight, Peaches and Creme. I have so much cotton thread, I need to start using it. I work hdc the skirt part and hdc and sc in the bodice. It took me about 1 or 2 weeks for the skirt because of longer breaks between. I finally finish it and made a sun hat to match it! Thank you Joanna for your wonderful photography skills. :)


My next post will come very soon called Graduation to Dressmaking and 4th of July Part 2. I just went through a 4th of July phase and I didn't want this post to be too long lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment